วันอาทิตย์ที่ 29 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2562

Summary and Suggestions


Purposes of practicum

The purpose that I got after finishing Sea Teacher Project are:

1. To improve my English skills because English is the only language that I can use to communicate with other people when I go aboard.

2. To improve my teaching skills. After finishing this project, I knew how is the differentiation between teaching in Indonesia and Thailand.

3. To learn about the culture in Indonesia and adjustment.

4.  Learning new characteristics of new people.

        So, Joining Sea Teacher Project was the biggest experience in my life. I already finished all of those stages and I feel the improvement in myself. My speaking skill, my teaching skill, the new culture that I learned. I would like to say thank you so much for SEAMEO, my University that is Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University under the Royal Patronage, Thailand, receiving University that is Lambung Mangkurat University, Indonesia and receiving School that is SMP-SMA Global Islamic Boarding School (GIBS), Indonesia that gave me a chance to be one of an exchange student of Sea Teacher Project.

Procedure of practicum

There are 4 stages that must be followed by the participant:

1. Observation
          I have to observe my mentor class to learn teaching techniques and learn about classroom management of my mentor in the school for 1 week.

2. Teaching Assistant
          I have to be a teacher assistant and learn how to make a lesson plan for 1 week.

3. Teaching Practice
          I have a teaching practicum for 1 week.

4. Teaching Evaluation
          My supervisor and my mentor evaluate my teaching in the fourth week.

Outcomes of Practicum

1. Make my English skills better.

2. Make my public speaking skills better.

3. Make my teaching skills better.

4. Learn a new system of education.

5. Learn a new culture in Indonesia.

The challenges of practicum
          In my case, the biggest challenge while practicum is my English skills because of all of the teachers in Global Islamic Boarding School (GIBS) can speak English very well and they are speaking English all the time. So, it made me have to practice my English skills especially speaking skill and listening skill to communicate with other teachers.

Overall Impression
           There are many things I want to tell when I through this project. I would like to say thank you to Sea Teacher Project because this project helped me to make my dream comes true. This Project helped me to improve my English skills, my communication skill and also my teaching skill. And this project makes me met new people such as the teachers, lovely students in GIBS School, new friends that they are training at GIBS school, new friends from Vietnam and Algeria that they come exchange in GIBS school as me, my lovely buddies and a new friend that he joined the same project as me from the Philippines.


Suggestion for future improvement
          For me the suggestions are this project should have more countries that students can exchange or find new experiences and 1 month is too short for teaching and explores the country, but it was very fun.























































ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น